|Job Ref:||204811957||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Northumberland||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Randstad CPE are currently on the search for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for a Residential Contractor based in Northumberland. The client in question has a stellar reputation and is renown for the quality of work completed over the past 3 decades. Currently looking for an experienced QS with 3+ years post graduate experience to join their growing commercial team. |
* Control all expenditure.
* Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts.
* To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming.
* Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
* Change management control.
* To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
* Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work.
* Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts.
* Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
What we are looking for:
* Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor is essential.
* Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of numeracy.
* Excellent influencing skills.
* IT skills - MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc.
* Excellent Time Management.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexible & adaptable.
* Competitive rates of pay - Market leader in Construction Industry
* Bonus Scheme - Annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
* Special offers for staff - Run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
Should you wish to discuss this role confidentially, please do not hesitate to call Ciaran in Randstad's Newcastle office on (Apply online only).
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business