|Job Ref:||204811772||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum plus package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Overview - Graduate Quantity Surveyor |
Our client is one the UK's leading specialist construction service providers, with engineered, bespoke solutions tailored to a wide variety of clients in the Civil & Geotechnical Engineering, Infrastructure, Rail, Highways & Roads, Transportation, Utilities and Energy & Waste sectors. Our client is committed to continuous improvement and the development of new, innovative methodologies, processes and products. They invest heavily in both their employees and the latest technology to ensure that they remain at the forefront of the market, in short, they are driving an industry wide technological revolution, bringing efficiency, quality and visibility to everything they do.
Our client's people are the bedrock of the business and they recognise that it is the calibre of their employees that make up their teams that differentiates them from their competitors. As such, they work hard to recruit, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. In turn, they support their teams through Chartership and Further Education Workshops (as applicable) and offer a comprehensive training and education programme which includes both practical and theoretical learning.
Due to continued and sustained growth in the UK, and a significant increase in workload, our client is now looking to recruit a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team based in the Northern (Yorkshire) offices. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated Quantity Surveying Graduate to join the team. You will work as directed by the Senior Quantity Surveyor to assist in all the commercial functions and advise operational staff on any commercial implications to ensure cost efficiency and value to the client at all times.
• Analysis of Works (providing feedback on works, analysis of costs / value etc.)
• Assisting in the commercial delivery of NEC and JCT Contracts
• Assisting with the contract and online correspondence packages
• Using the Commercial Works Management Systems and other bespoke Commercial systems
• Assisting the Commercial team on valuing works completed and reporting to contract management
• Production / submission (and agreement with the client) of weekly / monthly payment applications
• Recording project completions
• Ensure that wages and sub-contract payments are calculated in accordance with procedure
• Maintain minimum working capital
• Maintain and keep up to date Contract files
• Accurately record project completions from site information and system reports
• Inputting and collating weekly cost information for profit and loss reports
• Month-end reconciliations (CVR's)
• Valuation of the works
• Production of wage information and other payments
• Preparation of Subcontract payments
• Preparation and submission of Client Applications for payment
• One-off commercial exercises / analysis as required
• Must be a Graduate / Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
• Good communication skills
• Relevant working experience in construction related disciplines or suitable experience.
• Enthusiastic, confident and comfortable at communicating at all levels.
• Computer literate
• Good Organisational skills
• Enthusiastic approach to team environment
• Numerical accuracy is essential
• Ability to work within tight timescales
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires a Graduate Quantity Surveyor with a strong will to progress their career within the construction / civil engineering / infrastructure sector, working as part of a dedicated team to help commercially manage and deliver various projects, contracts and frameworks. An attractive basic salary plus benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality