|Job Ref:||204815216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
My client currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QUANTITY SURVEYOR / COMMERCIAL MANAGER to join their team based in LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE.|
Purpose of Job:
* To protect the Business against legal and contractual risks with regard to contract terms, variations and action failures by client during the course of the contract.
* To provide a full range of pre / post contract quantity surveying (QS) duties, including assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of the build process.
* Seeks to maximise the financial position of each contract whilst maintaining the relationship with the client.
* To work in cohesion with the Commercial Director.
* Responsibility for the Preparation and submission of Interim applications for payment / invoices to client
* Responsibility for the preparation, valuation and agreement of variations to contract
* Possess the ability to produce cost value reconciliation reports
* Possess the ability to prepare Sub-contract orders; Valuations and Final Accounts.
* Responsibility for preparing and agreeing Final Accounts.
* To agree sub-contract packages and job specifics; authorising sub-contract payments along with agreement to day work, ensuring variations are properly recorded and recovered on a monthly basis
* To provide cost analysis to assist the Project Managers and Finance Manager with mid-month cost to complete forecasts.
* Responsibility for maintaining good quality and accurate records
* Attending and contributing to regular project progress meetings
* Visiting sites and liaising with main contractor QS / site team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Educated to HNC / Degree level in Quantity Surveying
* From a Quantity Surveyor / Construction background
* A member of RICS advantageous
* MIOB qualified is preferred
* Experience in dealing with Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
* Possess good knowledge of the Construction Industry and excellent commercial awareness, strong business acumen and effective negotiation skills
* Project programming and delay management.
* Familiarity with Asta Powerproject would be useful but not essential
* Good financial and numeracy management skills
* The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily