|Job Ref:||204815074||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum basic + bens||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
Come and work for one of the best Construction Consultancies in the World.|
Clerk of Works/Site Manager, residential projects.
Must be client facing, and articulate.
Birmingham 30k to 35k + bens
If you are a Clerk of Works/Site Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join my clients Birmingham team and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you will responsible for delivering pre-contract and post-contract Clerk of Works services within their Residential team.
You will be supporting managers on commercially led program management, construction management and site supervision. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
• To act as a Quality Inspector on site for and on behalf of my client, using best endeavours at all times, being professional and of smart appearance.
• To fully comprehend the detailed requirements of all drawings and specifications.
• To visit on a daily basis properties as directed by the Contracts Manager.
• Check that the works are being carried out in accordance with the drawings and specification.
• Monitor quality of materials and workmanship.
• Liaise with all contractors, and resolve swiftly technical queries, problems, etc. that may arise.
• Carry out spot checks on installations.
• Regularly check the "Comments Book" in each contractors set up, and take the appropriate action.
• Ensure all the site is regularly left clean and tidy by the contractor.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation including PPE equipment.
• Try to anticipate and foresee difficulties on site and advise the Contracts Manager in good time so that the necessary instructions can be issued.
• Take photos of works where necessary to record good practice, condition, events or deviations from the drawings and specification in order to evaluate the contractors' on site performance.
• Provide a progress and inspection report (with photos) on a weekly basis.
• Ensure a paper audit trail for all VO's through to the Contract Administrator/QS.
• Attend when necessary contractors meetings held with the Contracts Manager.
• Ensure that all correspondence is filed in accordance with our clients QA procedures.
• Support the Contracts Manager to ensure that all handover documentation (e.g. electrical, gas certificates) is in place before completion.
• Notify the Contracts Manager in good time so that the issue of Practical Completion Certificates can be implemented.
• To take complete ownership of the snagging and back snagging process prior to handover.
• At the end of the defects period inspect properties, prepare a schedule of making good works for notification to the Contractor. Ensure all works are completed satisfactorily so that a Certificate of Making Good Defects can be issued.
What You have to Offer:
• Ability to work using own initiative.
• To be tenacious
• Ability to relate to residents.
• Ability to negotiate a compromise rather than confrontation.
• Attention to detail.
• Team player
• Sound knowledge of construction
• Experience of site meetings
• Site inspection and writing reports
• Experience in mechanical and electrical installations
• Membership of Institute of Quality Inspector and Construction Inspectorate.
• Experience and track record in successfully supporting the delivery of residential projects in the volume house-builder, affordable housing and local authority sectors.
• Client facing skills
• Good working knowledge of IT e.g. outlook, word, excel, taking digital photos and including in reports. Knowledge of software trends in this area e.g. i-snag would be beneficial.
• Sound knowledge of building regulations
• Sound knowledgeable of residential and affordable sector standards
The client offers a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition they offer phenomenal benefits.
Please contact Alan at Factus Recruitment regarding this rare opportunity