|Job Ref:||204814752||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£20 - £25/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
My client is a large provider of Social Housing with a present in Devon and Cornwall. |
Due to short sickness, they require a Clerk of Works to cover several sites in Devon and Cornwall.
The successful candidate will provide technical support and advice as necessary to Development colleagues when planning new development schemes.
- Attend all site meetings within your 'patch` of new developments
- Assist the Senior Clerk of Works to continually review the patches to ensure flexibility where issues of capacity and geography occur.
- Ensure that building work is carried out or has been carried out in accordance with the specification and conditions of the contract and check quality and health and safety issues.
- Attend snagging and de-snagging inspections to approve the quality of the works at handover and at the end of the defects liability period.
- Support the Senior Clerk of Works in the resolution of defects identified during the defects period, liaising with tenants, consultants and contractors to ensure they are resolved satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent construction related qualifications
- Previous experience in a technical site based role e.g. Site Manager, Contracts Manager or Clerk of Works
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety issues related to construction and site work