|Job Ref:||204811634||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:55|
£55,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance, Pension and Health Care
Project Manager Required for North West Contractor
Our client, an established and reputable North West Contractor with a turnover of £150 million, are currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager for the region. The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects up to £25 million in value in the Greater Manchester, Cheshire & Merseyside areas.
You will undertake the detailed planning of the inception/briefing stage and manage the project through feasibility into pre contract and procurement and onward through construction, commissioning and handover to the client.
• Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the programme's governance arrangements
• Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to the project teams agreeing scopes of work Issue
• Requests for Survey and Quotation to the selected sub-contractor
• Receipt and checking of quotations against scope Raising Purchase Orders and associated documentation to the supply chain
• Agreeing programmes of work with the sub-contractor(s) To take responsibility for the financial closure of Projects Receiving and distributing Health & Safety information relating to projects
• Preparation and submission of budget requests Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects
• Managing the projects budget, monitoring expenditures and costs managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
• Managing third party stakeholder contributions to the project Managing KPI data capture on Customer Satisfaction and Health & Safety audits Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
• Continuous updating of project information system database to maintain "real time" project status and values Providing aftercare service to the customer Any other duties relevant to the role Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ideally from a construction background you will be experienced in providing services within a team of project/cost managers and building surveyors and possess a good team player ethos
• Appreciation of commercial surveying duties
• Ideally HNC/HND qualified in a relevant construction subject
• Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience of working within a team environment
• Well organised and able to prioritise workload
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Capability to analyse data
• Capable of working under pressure with the minimum of supervision to clearly defined processes and procedures.
• Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems relative to their job role
• Ability to manage their own time