|Job Ref:||204809718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||South Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Salary:||£37000 - £39000/annum Car Allowance + Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:56|
POSITION: Technical Sales Engineer|
LOCATION: Halifax, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Batley, Huddersfield, Barnsley
SALARY: Up to £39,000 per annum, Car Allowance & Benefits
E3 Recruitment are proud to be working on behalf of our client a large manufacturing business of construction based products to clients throughout the UK. We are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Engineer to join the existing team.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for supporting the team with construction design solutions, schemes & technical advice for liquid storage solutions, pre-stressed concrete panels & retaining wall systems to main contractors, architects, specifiers & engineers.
This is a new role that will play an integral part of the team that requires an individual with both commercial awareness to maximise opportunities & technical/construction and design knowledge & understanding in order to advise clients on the best use of products.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence others with in-depth technical knowledge of pre-stressed concrete products. Experience with AutoCAD & the design of products with a desire to find creative solutions that add value to the business.
* HNC/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD V.13 or similar 2D/3D packages
* IT skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Office - (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
* Excellent communication & presentation skills
* Attention to detail
* A high regard for safety & quality
* Willingness to undertake training & development as required
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and complete within timescales
To communicate with and provide technical advice to Main contractors, Architects, Specifiers & Engineers on a day to day basis.
* Have an engineering understanding of the technical applications of pre-stressed concrete panels & retaining wall systems & other concrete products
* Draughting drawings for contractors/engineers approval
* Detailing works orders& preparing manufacturing details to allow production to commence
* Calculate take-off's and determine customer requirements from technical drawings
* Create 2D drawings in AutoCAD
* Provide technical backup to internal & external sales personnel including technical presentations & site visits
* Maintain a working knowledge of current legislation & standards
* Identify opportunities or trends for New Product Development
* Attend commercial meetings on site & in customer's offices to determine specifications and requirements of products
* Attend site queries in relation to use of OR complaints regarding concrete products
* Produce/assist in the preparation of relevant marketing material
* Long range project tracking
* Attend relevant exhibitions, shows & seminars
08.45am - 17.00pm (Monday to Friday) 39 hr week, however candidates must be flexible if required to work additional hours as and when required to undertake the role