|Job Ref:||204809666||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dublin||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:56|
Vacancy: Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Location: Dublin or Galway
Salary: Neg. depending on experience
3DPersonnel's client has been established in Ireland since the early 1900's and has an extensive portfolio of high quality contracts across several sectors of the Irish construction market. As well as gaining a reputation for delivering complex and high quality projects they have won several awards for their innovative approach. Projects range from €5million to €100million
3DPersonnel's client is currently seeking to recruit a highly experienced Quantity Surveyor that wishes to join a leading main contractor on a permeant basis. The company offers a great opportunity to the right candidate to add to and develop their skill set by undertaking high quality and complex projects in the Dublin or Galway area. The successful candidate will be based either in the companies Dublin or Galway office and will have at least 10yrs+ continuous experience within a leading main contractor undertaking commercial, residential, mixed use and design & build projects with a value of €20million+.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities.
* Understand and administer contract terms and conditions and any other commitment to our clients.
* Be fully aware of the structure and form of interim and final accounts, all payment application accounts to be formulated accordingly.
* Carry out premeasure of the contact IFC drawings, equipment schedules and specifications and agree re-measured contract sum with CMT.
* Manage all variation cost items, be it works completed on day works or on agreed schedule of rates.
* Ensure cost for disruption to works outside our controls are recovered with full agreement of the CMT.
* Report in detail as required for the project manager on the commercial status of the project.
* Prepare monthly interim valuations and ensure approval and certification of interim valuations internally and by CMT.
* Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting and correlation with monthly payment applications.
* Provide assistance in the selection and appointment and commercial management of the specialist subcontractor engage by the client on projects. Ensure subcontractor payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed subcontract and procurement terms.
* Negotiate, as necessary, with the client or their representatives