|Job Ref:||204809321||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||ST16 2DH||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £35000/annum Car Allow, Pension, 25d Hol, Healthcare||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:56|
Up to £35`000 basic depending on experience + Car allowance + Pension + 25 days holiday + Health Care + Bonuses
Now Careers are recruiting for a 5 star residential new build developer, who builds prestigious homes and apartments around the UK for private sale.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor OR Quantity Surveyor to join to the team, where you will be working with a very experienced and professional team.
- With assistance from the Senior QS prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction
- Collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Chief QS to agree with Sales Director. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial
- Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by the Head of Commercial
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Chief Quantity Surveyor
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all sites
- Input progress on valuation system
- Prepare sub-contract accruals
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation (VBR)
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VBR and agree final VBR with Head of Commercial/Chief Surveyor
- Agree costs with the Accounts Department
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes.
Ideal applicants will be Degree qualified, however this is not essential as determination and the passion to succeed is more desirable. In return you will be working for a developer who really supports and values everyone in the team, with internal training always on offer and the chance to work towards your career goals.
To apply for this vacancy please contact Matt Lee on (Apply online only) / (Email Removed)