|Job Ref:||204809313||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum plus benefits package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:56|
Aftercare Manager / Customer Care Manager|
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum plus package
A regional contractor operating throughout London in the high end residential sector is looking to appoint an Aftercare / Customer Care Manager.
The company is based in Central London and currently has a turnover of £7m with a plan for this to grow over the next 3-5 years.
Their projects range from small refurbishment schemes of £200k through to large basement digs and new build and refurbishment projects with values to £4m, in the high value residential market across prestigious areas of London.
Managing Defects Liability Period on each project - taking handover from construction team, arranging rectification of defects arising, discussion of design issues, ongoing support to clients & end users
• Agreeing end of DLP lists with Contract Administrator, managing works to obtain Certificates of Making Good of Defects and final retention release
• Managing sub-contractors to resolve defects, monitoring retentions and ensuring contract charges are correctly assigned
• Managing Aftercare operatives in conjunction with Aftercare Coordinator, assigning tasks and ensuring time is filled productively, and all ops' paperwork is completed and delivered promptly
• Upkeep of Aftercare works forward-planner for regular publishing to Construction Director Financial control and reporting for Aftercare team in conjunction with Head of Aftercare and Aftercare Coordinator
• Assisting in obtaining PC Certificates where necessary, by devoting resource to sites approaching completion
• Investigating reported Latent / historical defects, including liaison with NHBC or other warranty providers as required by Contracts Director
• Regular liaison with Contracts Director to update and discuss any problems
• Regular visits to sites in construction phase so as to be familiar with each project before point of handover
• Responsibility for H&S for all works carried out within remit
Person Specification Essential
• Experience in construction, preferably either trade, technical or on-site management
• Experience in dealing directly with clients / end-users
• Experience in managing skilled labour / sub-contractors
• Strong computer skills - Word and Excel
• Good standard of written English - concise and accurate letters, emails, reports etc.
• Ability to calm hostile situations and rescue failing relationships with customers against consequence
If you are a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager with suitable experience and you would like to discuss this position in more detail please submit your CV via this advert to David Weaving at The Management Recruitment Group or contact, in confidence, on (Apply online only).
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse our other vacancies on our website.
We are specialists in Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available and also welcome speculative applications