|Job Ref:||204809214||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sittingbourne||Address:||Post Code:||ME10||Salary:||£75000 - £100000/annum benefits package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:56|
Position : Project Director, Senior Project Manager, Lead Project Manager, Programme Manager, Construction Director. Please note - this is very much an industrial project|
Location : Kent
Salary : Negotiable but likely to be in the £80-100,000 range plus benefits
The Project :
A £35 million project to reclaim some land and to build a new factory on the recaimed land. The overall project comprises land reclamation, civil engineering including a small site road network, mechanical and electrical, utilities, construction and build of a small factory / manufacturing plant, factory fit out, (mechancial handling equipment). All work is carried out by third party contractors. Project duration is planned at 18 months. The purpose of the role is to deliver the project on time, to budget, to quality and with the highest standards of health and safety at all time.
The Person :
* Probably degree qualified in a construction or engineering subject although extensive experience of delivering high profile, high value projects is more important
* Chartered status is prefereable but not essential
* Already lives within a reasonable commuting distance of Sittinbourne in Kent or is prepared to get accommodation in the area at own expense
* Proficient with MS Project or Primavera
* Experience of a wide range of construction / build elements including land reclamation, civil engineering, mechanical and electrical (M and E), design and build of small on-site road systems, utilites for an industrial premises (electric, gas, water, effluent, communications)
* Be 100% focused on helth and safety at all times
* Manage problems, devise solutions
* Sign off work as complete
* Extensive Project Management and Commercial experience, with experience of managing projects under a variety of Contract forms eg NEC 3, ICE 5th, GC works and FIDIC
* Dispute resolution experience essential but the ability to spot potentiual issues before they arise is paramount
* Highly numerate
* High levels of commercial awareness
* Experience of major projects such as Civil Engineering Projects including Rail infrastructure, Pipelines, Major Earthworks, Power Stations, Remediation, Demolition, Bridges, Tunnelling and Reinforced Concrete structures.
* CSCS card holder
* A leading nationwide business with a pedigree going back over 100 years
* A major player in the industrial and bulk logistics sector with 10 major facilities throughout the UK
Key words :
Project, Programme, Construction, Build, Manager, Director, Primavera, Build, Civil Engineering, Utilities, M&E,
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)