Make your mark on tomorrow's world! |
Qatar's Expressway Programme is one of the largest road building projects in the world, and you could be a part of it. A talented multinational programme management team is employed on
the Expressway Programme, including specialists in:
project management, engineering, project controls, logistics, quality management, risk management, information management, health and safety and public relations.
The Expressway Programme comprises a complex network of over 730 km of multi-lane expressways, underpasses, flyovers and multi-level interchanges designed to integrate with various modes of transport. It will produce some of the most functional and iconic streetscapes in the world.
Assistant Project Manager - Construction
Local Hire Position
Reports to and assists the Project Manager for ensuring delivery of a project.
- Management of all aspects of delivering a project as part of the programme management consultant's role on a major programme of infrastructure development works
- Manage delivery of all project construction, coordinating on all logistics, permitting, commissioning and handover activities to ensure delivery of the allocated projects to technical, budget, schedule and quality requirements established for the Project
- Interface with all sections of the PMC Team especially the Project Controls and Commercial Teams to ensure coordination and reporting to meet overall allocated project deliverables
- Ensure works are carried out in accordance the Operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices
- Liaise strongly with the Engineering Team to assist in the execution of design solutions that promote constructability and value engineering
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the construction supervisors and the contractors, including on QHS&E requirements.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of operational aspects of civil & infrastructure projects including roads, bridges and utilities with experience in project management and construction management and practice
- Experience and skills of managing more junior staff
- 15 years post graduate experience
- Experienced user of MS Office
- BSc in related subject or equivalent experience
- Holds or working towards MICE or equivalent
- Fluency in English language both written and spoken
- Team Management & Team player
- Strong customer focus
- Accepts Responsibility
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Commercial Awareness
- HSE Awareness