|Job Ref:||17108||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Ireland||City:||Belfast||Address:|| |
UK, United Kingdom, , County Antrim, Belfast (Show on map)
|Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
To work as a key member of the Engineering Software Function producing and certifying safety-critical, real-time embedded software for AEC's engine control systems. The role spans all aspects of the software lifecycle, i.e.|
• Requirements Capture and Analysis
• Software estimation and scoping
• Top Level/Architectural Design
• Detailed Design
• Hardware Software Integration
• Verification (White box and black box)
• Development of engineering test rig application software (e.g. real time simulations)
• Fault finding and diagnostics
In this role the individual will be expected to work closely with other Function members and other engineering disciplines.
• Production of reports, designs and code
• Production of test cases, procedures and results
• Adherence to appropriate procedures and project plans
• Delivery of allocated work packages/tasks on time and within budget
• Support to internal, customer and external agency reviews and audits including preparation and presentation of relevant material
• Qualified to engineering degree level or equivalent
• Strong software engineering background including product awareness, software design and test
• Analytical and systematic individual, able to perform complex design, code and requirements analysis
• Highly self motivated, enthusiastic and committed
• A team player, able and willing to support others
• Good inter-personal skills at all levels and areas of operation.
• Good planning and time management skills
• Track record on delivering under pressure to tight/changing project deadlines
• Able to produce work of a consistently high standard
Electronics hardware and/or system design knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
Training and development would be provided for all individuals with the fundamental skills to develop into this demanding role.
Design, code and/or verification experience with safety-critical real-time embedded electronic systems.
Knowledge and exposure to aerospace standards (RTCA/DO-178B)
Experience in the use of design, code and/or verification tools in a LUCOL environment
Experience in the use of COTS design, code and/or verification tools. E.g. UML, OOD, Ada, C/C++, DOORS, AdaTest, Cantata.
N.B. Recent graduates with a relevant degree are also welcome to apply.
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given