AECOM's Piscataway, NJ office is currently seeking an Environmental Technician to support a key local project, monitoring and documenting air quality samples along the perimeter of a soil remediation project. This field-based role operates, maintains, calibrates, and troubleshoots state-of-the art and purpose-built monitoring and sampling equipment. The field project site is in Jersey City, NJ. Working alongside other AECOM team members, this contract-based full-time role works independently under the oversight of the assigned Environmental Scientist. Some weekend hours required.
- Conduct sampling, data collection, and field documentation duties in coordination with task and project managers, and on-site field staff.
- Operate air monitoring and sampling equipment. Develop staging and mobilization/scheduling plans, logistical plans and equipment inventories for field sampling events.
- Develop and maintain instrumentation QA/QC data sheets and field logs
- Prepare field journal entries. Maintain photo-documentation and compile field data for reporting purposes.
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; many projects/ clients are security sensitive
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be able to meet the medical clearance requirements of an OSHA (HAZWOPER) medical surveillance physical examination
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in outdoor environments with uneven terrain, variable outdoor conditions including heat, cold, dryness, noise, and dust; position requires frequent standing/walking and keyboard/mouse operations; often lifting of less than 25 pounds and performing repetitive or fine hand movements; occasional lifting of 25-50 pounds, and; rare repetitive bending & stooping, climbing stairs, using portable ladders (weight must be 300 lbs or less), environment of heavy, moving, dangerous equipment, and work alone in isolated/remote areas. Position will include wearing associated personal protective equipment
What We Offer
- Flexibility to work 6 days / week (total 50 hours/week) some weekend work required.
- Excellent work ethic and team-player attitude
- Strong attention to detail, with proven ability to follow specific instructions
- An ability to effectively express his or herself orally and in writing to other project staff
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office applications
- Trade certification, Associates Degree(s) and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science is a plus
- First Aid/CPR training completion is preferred
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER course completion is preferred; selected candidate will be required to complete 40 hour HAZWOPER training or 8-hour annual refresher class
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, and/or ArcGIS software suites is a plus
- Experience working on construction sites, operating environmental monitoring/sampling equipment and maintaining and repairing electronics, as well as familiarity with analytical laboratory chain of custody procedures, are a plus
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.