Working as a member of an analytical team accountable for the generation of analytical results within an ISO 17025 environment, as an Analyst you will be expect to carry out the responsibilities of the day-to-day operation of analytical equipment. These tasks include the preparation of solutions, calibration and routine maintenance of instruments, the running of samples, calculation of results, and the monitoring of controls used in the analytical process. An ability to troubleshoot is essential, as well as the flexibility to move between analysis.
- Experience operating various analytical instruments, such as: Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry (GCMS), LCMSMS or Gas Chromatography (GC) with FID or TCD detectors experience. Also can be HPLC and ICP-AES or ICP-MS.
- Able to calibrate instrument as per SOP
- Thorough understanding of contamination and knowledgeable in using chemicals safely
- Able to prioritize to remain efficient
- Ability to work while under pressure and with various distractions
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Able to see small details for measurement of liquids, preparation of standards and maintenance required on instrumentation (GLP)
The successful candidate will possess a B.Sc. or M.Sc. (Chemistry, preferred), with minimum 2 years’ experience. Shift work may be required.
Driven by quality of science and quality of service, Labstat International Inc. is recognized around the world as “A Centre of Analytical Excellence”.
Labstat is independent of any affiliation or association with government agencies, advocacy groups or the tobacco industry. Established in 1976 as a tobacco characterization laboratory, Labstat has evolved into a globally recognized analytical laboratory dedicated to research, testing and analysis of nicotine containing products in general for regulatory reporting and labeling. We are GLP compliant and ISO 17025:2005 accredited, and currently hold accreditation for 160 test methods. Our unique expertise in tobacco and nicotine analysis provides an opportunistic situation for growth in the cannabis industry.