- Use building simulation and practical engineering and architectural knowledge to develop sustainable and innovative building designs.
- Manage sustainable technology and Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) engineering projects
- Develop a strong client facing market presence within ESD markets and provide professional services to both our local and international clients.
- Handle building physics engineering projects
- Develop a strong client facing market presence within specialist building physics markets
- Hands on ESD design for relevant projects.
- Lead discipline engineer for small to medium scale projects.
- Contribute to the development of building designs, specifically in the areas of energy modelling, performance analysis, and sustainable building technologies.
- Carry out sustainability studies and assessments including:-
- 1. BEAM/LEED certification,
2. Microclimate study,
3. Computational Fluid Dynamic simulation,
4. Energy simulation;
5. Natural and artificial lighting simulations
- Good understanding of mechanical, façade and architectural systems and the practicalities of integrating sustainable design initiatives into these disciplines;
- Relevant industry experience in Mechanical Engineering or Building Physics within a consulting business environment for 5+ years with working experience in areas like BEAM/LEED accreditation; CFD modeling, natural lighting and energy simulations
- Demonstrated experience with design of sustainable buildings, including experience with Green Star/LEED/BREEAM;
- Experience in the operation of software design tools including energy modelling (Energy Plus, DesignBuilder, IES), CFD (ANSYS, CFX, Fluent), Radiance, Matlab, Linux, scripting, Firstrate, Rhino, LBNL Therm and Window;
- Ability to undertake project and technical analyses and report on results;
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines
- Strong communication and client facing skills. Able to present convincingly and clearly
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments;
- Effective written communication and report writing skills;
What We Offer
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications or above in physics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering or related disciplines
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.