£ 40,000 - £ 48,000 per year, package
Reigate, South East, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Exciting opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician to work with a small technical team within a new developer breaking in to the UK Market. Part of a wider group, and incredibly cash rich, the company are able to offer an experienced CAD Technician the opportunity to be part of a developer that will be massively expanding in the coming years. CAD Technicians joining at this stage will have exciting career opportunities in years ahead, and part of a general industry trend of moving toward modular building.
Sitting within a small technical team in Reigate the successful CAD Technician will be responsible for;
* Preparation of details and drawings for both standard housing range and bespoke housing
* Design and coordinate design drawings at Tender Stage, works include drawings and design methodology
* Manage and liaise with external designers, offsite factory and design & manufacture suppliers
* Liaise with external bodies, principal Designers and Engineers to provide site wide drawing package
* Site visits will be necessary so as to establish site constraints and to assist site teams on construction matters
* Obtain service designs and quotations and liaise with commercial team to progress
* Distribute design documents and drawings when required
* Provide technical advice where appropriate to the organisation
* Undertake all tasks in line with development programme and requirements
* Assess design risks
* Produce house type drawing packages and liaise with key suppliers to provide ancillary drawing information.
* Produce block plans, sections and elevations.
* Produce detail information where not already available.
* Co-ordinate the accuracy of information supplied by suppliers and internal departments to ensure no discrepancies.
* Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same,
* Obtaining SAP Assessments together with PEA' and EPC's, Secured by Design Approval, Code for Sustainable Homes, Robust Standard Details (where appropriate).
* Attend Pre-Start Meetings and brief all departments on matters related to the working drawings.
* Co-ordinate information and liaise with internal/external architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects.
* Prepare all drawings and documents for printing for Pre-Start Meetings.
To be considered for this exciting role you must have;
* Fluent on a computer and using Autocad or similar drafting software (We use autocad, MS Office, sketchup)
* At least 12 months experience working within the residential sector
* Design/drafting experience within housing sector
* In-depth knowledge of CAD
Revit and BIM would be major advantage as the company would to move towards using that in the future, but is not essential.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keep Calm and waka waka...