£ 60,000 - £ 80,000 per year
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Commercial Manager/ Senior Quantity Surveyor - Permanent
Are you a Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity surveyor lookign for a step up? Have sufficient experience with housing projects?
Randstad are currently recruiting for the above role, on a permanent basis, in the Bristol area. You will be working on bespoke housing.
• Ensure timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues & procurement & payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
• The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
• The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
• Providing the cost-data feedback to Divisional Estimating Department.
• Administration & management of the financial aspects of the development.
• Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting
• The relationships with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
• Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces and applying the Company's Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public's benefit. Individuals must act to minimise danger and report all potential dangers and accidents to their immediate superior or designated Health & Safety Officer.
The ideal candidate will have past experience and will match with the following;
• Sound & comprehensive understanding of construction industry and the parties to it;
• Good knowledge of measurement and valuation;
• Good knowledge of standard forms of contract;
• Proficient in reading drawings, specifications, programmes and knowledge of construction process;
• Ability to negotiate with clients and sub contractors;
• Ability to draft sub contracts;
• Ability to produce accurate monthly cost and value reports and outturn financial forecasts for a small/medium size project;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Awareness of dispute procedures;
• Experience of value engineering;
• Ability to prepare procurement schedules;
• Professional membership of recognised institute e.g. RICS
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Please find below some of the key requirements needed to be able progress your application further;
• Extensive experience of working on live projects and final accounts
• Exposure to resolving disputes
• Successfully completed a number of final accounts
• Experience of procuring sub contracts
• Experience of managing, mentoring and developing staff
• Experience managing million pound subcontracts
* £60,000 - £80,000
* Comprehensive benefits.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Keep Calm and waka waka...