Permanent | Full Time
We are currently seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in Keremeos Home Support. Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Services are provided in the community between the hours of 08:00 and 22:00, seven days per week so shifts may fall anywhere in that timeframe but we are particularly in need of candidates looking for evening and weekend work.
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Keremeos Health Centre is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
Keep Calm and waka waka...