AECOM Tishman is actively seeking a highly motivated Construction Intern for employment in the Boston, MA office. AECOM is searching for candidates that has the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive.
AECOM Tishman has delivered many of the most globally recognized, iconic buildings, defining the skylines of the world's most notable and recognized cities. With a stellar reputation sustained over a century, we understand the distinctive challenges associated with delivering complex projects and offer unparalleled expertise to achieve our clients' visions. From mega developments to super tall structures to luxury residential destinations, our teams of experts work in partnership with owners, design teams and community stakeholders on every project aspect - from preconstruction to turnover - to collaboratively develop and implement optimal plans for flawless execution.
Under direct supervision, assist with project management support duties including but not limited to: preparation of documents related to the management of active construction projects, observe shop drawing submission and approvals, research contract plans and specifications to resolve issues.
- Provide direct support to the assigned department / project and participate in daily operations and various work processes.
- Support all efforts related to the assigned departments / project's initiatives and interface with clients and co-workers as required.
- Assist the Supervisor with planning and coordinating department / project related schedule, budget, and developmental task and functions.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Interact with colleagues, clients, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Receive guidance, training, and mentoring from senior professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and correspondence as requested.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and department / project related reports.
- Conduct research, prepare reports, and make recommendations based on findings.
AA/AS (US) + 1 YORE or Diploma/Certification (Canada) + 1 YOREPreferred Qualifications
What We Offer
- Currently in school for a Construction Management or Engineering Degree
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with peers and fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Prior intern assignment(s) completed at a construction, engineering or architecture firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.