Our client is seeking a Construction Project Manager to join their team in their Toronto, Ontario office!
Our client is a low/mid-rise commercial and residential urban real estate developer focused on designing boutiques buildings tailored towards their clients.
• Interact with and coordinate contractors, consultants, architects, engineers, trades and maintenance personnel on various project issues/concerns
• Assist with and manage special projects as required
• Coordinate various project documentation, including bid packages / contracts and pay request preparation
• Sourcing, solicitation and follow-up of contractors
• Prepare contracts, project correspondence, maintain data, record maintenance, pay request submissions, etc.
• Develop bid documents and specifications for solicitation of professional services (consultants, architects, engineers) and contractors
• Coordinate and review required shop drawings
• Manage RFIs / Site Instructions / Clarifications
• Identify long-lead material orders to ensure orders are placed efficiently
• Deficiency remediation and suite finishing coordination/inspection
• Co-ordination of suite selections and upgrades
• Quantity surveying
• Balancing a demanding work schedule among multiple structures
• Managing tasks through to completion, and documenting and reporting on progress
• Post-secondary education in a construction management related discipline and/or equivalent experience and/or skilled trades
• 7+ years experience in project management
• Training in Project Management from a recognized source
• Ability to maintain and document project timelines
• Estimation and quantity surveying experience
• Experience in and knowledge of the new build condominium industry in a project coordination role
• Experience coordinating and managing trades
• An ability to demonstrate results and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral, is required
• Comprehension of plans and specifications
• Excellent organizational skills across multiple projects
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, MS Project or equivalent).