This position is located in Mannheim, Germany.
Execution of training operations, the management and training of mission assigned workforce, operations planning, maintenance of the common operational picture and conducts manpower assessments, and performs daily/weekly briefings as required on operations; provides information on the status of operations affecting 405th Army Field Support Brigade area of operation and mission to Battalion and Brigade staff members and to Units. The individual will also direct, coordinate, and oversee the information management processes necessary to meet all internal and customer headquarters reporting requirements for operational information. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Current Operations Manager collects input from and ensures coordination with all customer Units.
- Complete logistics management functions involving planning, reporting, evaluating, and integrating logistics actions required to support Army mission requirements.
- The individual will be immersed in the operational tempo of the mission and will be responsive to late changes in requirements.
- Will be responsible for developing and/or preparing Decision Making Processes, Courses of Action, initial mission briefings, information briefings, and decision briefings to brigade and other units.
- Resolving all issues between Unit(s) and the specific mission responsibilities of Army Pre-Positioned Stocks - 2.
- Develop logistics statistical information to identify adverse trends and problems, be prepared to provide solutions to long-term problems.
- Increase situational awareness through the facilitation and management of initial program conferences and reviews to employees, customers, and staff personnel at all levels of the U.S. Army.
- Prepare readiness reporting of equipment, track operational readiness rates, and have awareness of Unit Status Reports.
- Monitors the execution of plans, and schedules and adjusts workload and workforce accordingly to accomplish the mission.
- Monitors operations and maintains current Common Operating Picture-related information, plans and briefs operations to all levels of staff personnel.
- Provides risk assessments of assigned mission and provides mitigation factors through fact and assumption analysis.
- Collates Host Nation requirements and incorporates knowledge into plans and schedules.
- Prepares detailed plans which support the execution of Army Pre-Positioned Stocks - 2 and AECOM policies and strategy.
- Evaluates logistics management functions to support logistics missions through matrix driven factors.
- Ensures all Department of Army requests for Army Pre-Positioned Stocks - 2 equipment concerning Modified Tables of Equipment are at appropriate readiness levels prior to issue through management of Operational Needs Statements.
- Develops and evaluates Army Pre-Positioned Stocks - 2 Department Managers in executing operational Concept of Operations to enable successful plan of actions for equipment readiness for issue, loan, transportation, and the return of equipment.
- Assist in all phases of the execution of Operational orders, Warning orders in support of the training/exercise objectives.
- Identify complex systemic problems and provides solutions to enhance the effectiveness of the logistics programs in deliverables to the customer.
- Co-ordinates closely with all customers to understand requirements and deliverables based on their training objectives through effect Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Troops, and Time and the Military Decision Making Processes.
- If necessary, provides assistance to functional areas as they achieve and sustain International Organization for Standardization 9001 standards.
- Expected to be a quality champion by promoting, teaching, and presenting quality as a means for product improvement and efficiency and in accordance with applicable Army Regulations and Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for the contractual and corporate compliance of work performed as it relates to quality, must interact with customer and provide glide-path milestones for success.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in reporting mission data to U.S. Army customer and maintain all readiness at no less than 95 percent accuracy unless otherwise stipulated.
- Generate all required supply related reports, charts, graphs, data calls.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant information to the Operations leadership and/or Government personnel as required while executing the Military Decision Making Process and troop leading procedures.
- Should instill a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet company goals and objectives.
- Will be expected to maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
Minimum RequirementsRequired Education and Experience:
- Will be responsible for the successful completion of all assigned tasks/missions through effective leadership and strategic decision making.
- U.S. Citizenship
- U.S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Familiarity with military equipment and Logistics Integration Systems (At least three years experience).
- Shall have a minimum of three years experience as an Officer or Senior Non-Commissioned Officer with the U.S. Army or Marine Corps at the Brigade Combat Team-level Operations Section (or equivalent) or Special Operations Battalion-level Operations Section (or equivalent) in a managerial position who was honorably discharged from service.
- Seven (7) years of operational level military deployments/training/exercises/interagency team environment that includes:
- Military equipment logistics and understanding of pre-positioned stocks core requirements, operations, and preparation of logistics, maintenance, and transportation techniques.
- Routine use of analytic maintenance and logistics Information Technology support tools common to the U.S. Military pre-positioned stocks environment.
- Experience with Department of Defense and Army plans, policies, and planning processes and subsequent development of operations, actions and activities that operationalize exercise/training/deployments/contingency objectives.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Five (5) years experience with conducting in-person engagements with senior members of the U.S. Army agencies, to include presentation of operational concepts for approval by senior officials, offices, support cells and mission centers.
- 12 years operational experience working at a Joint Operations Center, or equivalent level in a managerial role and working with foreign military and civilian personnel.
- At least four years experience in a Division or Brigade-level operations section.
- A bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of recent specialized experience; OR 7 years of recent planning/support operations specialized experience. 10 years of specialized experience with the Military or defense contractor working in an operations cell, support operations, and/or tactical operations.
- Three (3) years experience with the conduct of assessments and the quantifying of performance and effectiveness measures.
- Three (3) years experience with using the Army War Reserve Deployment System, including Logistics Modernization Program, and Global Combat Support System-Army, receipt processing, inventory adjustments, equipment receipts from the Life Cycle Management Command, and creating Material Release Orders.
- Three (3) years experience analyzing/tracking property, determining the proper accountability, and providing visibility of property by unit and type.
- Three (3) years experience maintenance management at the Brigade level.
- GCSS-Army Certification preferred.
- The ability to analyze data and perform causative research, and turning this data into effective communication messages.
- Must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to meet all installation access and security requirements.
- Must be able to function with an advanced level of English oral and written language skills.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all LIS access requirements (Common Access Card).
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- The individual must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other software programs to assist with reporting requirements.
N/AWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.