AECOM has an immediate opportunity for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) at our Springfield, VA location. The selected candidate, under limited supervision, plans, organizes, directs, and controls company activities in support of our customer program. The DPM will serve with Program Management authority during times when the Program Manager is absent.
- Supervise and manage program activities in multiple disciplines covering technical and/or non-technical areas.
- Monitors program schedules and budgets and ensures that milestones and cost objectives are met.
- Develop detailed staffing requirements, assignments and plans to meet customer needs.
- Provides a single point of contact for the customer to coordinate program priorities and goals.
- Retains ultimate responsibility for the dedication of company resources to meet program goals on time and within budget.
- Coordinate the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other personnel.
- Recruits and hires appropriate management, technical, and administrative personnel to ensure the accomplishment of program and contract requirements.
- Must demonstrate supervisory knowledge and skills in resource organization and allocation, personnel selection and assignment, planning and budgeting, and strong verbal/written communication ability.
- Provides a variety of related support as requested.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, Construction Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing all aspects of building operations; 7 years of which must have been with a contract of similar size and scope.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Managing LEED certified facilities.
- Operations in U.S. Government facilities.
- Development, maintenance, and reporting of facility and service metrics.
- Contract negotiations, modifications, and other related contractual requirements.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to manage in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking's under high pressure situations.
- The incumbent must demonstrate supervisory knowledge and skills in resource organization and allocation, personnel selection and assignment, planning and budgeting, and verbal and written communications. In addition, the incumbent may be required to demonstrate significant technical knowledge in the area of program emphasis.
- Possess a current state issued driver's license.
What We Offer
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS clearance with poly is preferred.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.