SAJO is a well-established and continuously evolving company that specializes in project management for various environments mastering areas such as design, construction, procurement and maintenance. SAJO is in search of dynamic individuals for the position of DIGITAL SURVEYOR IN MONTREAL, CANADA.
Data collection and data processing of surveys will be the main role for this position. As digital Surveyor, you will physically represent SAJO in the field for collecting data. This role requires frequent travels outside the office to visit job sites in USA and Canada.
You will be responsible for capturing data of existing conditions on a job site by using different techniques and equipment, including 3D laser scanners, plan annotation, photography and documenting observations. From time to time you may be required to scan spaces after hours.
- Execute data collection using a process to achieve the scope of the survey, under the guidance and instruction of the project team.
- Software working knowledge:
- Autodesk ReCap Pro
- Trimble Real Works and/or Cyclone capture
- Autodesk REVIT (BIM modelling)
- Project management tools like PROCORE, BIM 360, ASANA, Trello, Monday, etc.
- Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and/or KeyNote.
- After collecting the data from the job site, you will prepare a quick first presentation for the client including: photos, 2D schematic floor plans and general information from your survey and observations.
- You will build a 3D model based on the data collection (Point Cloud) in REVIT with a BIM level of detail of at least 300.
- While traveling to job sites, you will help to maintain a safe work environment for yourself, the equipment and others on the site. Wearing Personal Protection Equipment: Hard hats, steel toe boots, clean suits, able to wear fall protection harness and lanyard, heavy protection equipment
- Autodesk certification in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Technical proficiency in the production of drawings to support various design stakeholders (architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.)
- Experience in the AEC industry (or a related field)
- 1-2 years of previous experience as surveyor and CAD/Revit specialist.
- Be able to demonstrate clear and effective written and oral communications skills in English.
- Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to the team’s success.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator specifically)
- Good level of written and oral communication skills in French.