£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 Per Annum
Chirk, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician to join our team based in Chirk, North Wales. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a very competitive salary of £30,000 to £35,000 per annum.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897 and no more so than now with £155m being invested in our site in the last 2 years. As a result we are seeking a Hydraulics Engineer who can add real value to the Engineering team.
The Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician will provide Electrical, Control, and Instrumentation (EC&I) support to the Chirk, North Wales production site.
Key responsibilities of our Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician:
- Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the maintenance management system.
- Carry out plant modifications in accordance with drawings, standards, and company procedures.
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance, as instructed.
- Maintaining accurate inspection and test records to comply with current legislation as well as plant safety and quality requirements.
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems.
- Assisting operations in diagnosing process problems and failures.
- Providing information to the projects team to support process improvements.
- Liaising with outside contractors and specialists to monitor work done and develop on-site knowledge.
- Responsibility to maintain the compliance of ATEX certified equipment used in hazardous areas.
- Carrying out electrical isolations in accordance with Kronospan's isolation procedures.
- All works to comply with current UK legislation, engineering standards, and plant HSE requirements.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician:
- Knowledge of all engineering aspects of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of good practice, relevant standards, and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessment and Management of Change.
Just some of what we are able to offer our Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician:
- Competitive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you feel you are the right candidate for a career as our Electrical Control and Instrumentation Technician apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
Keep Calm and waka waka...