Location: USA DC Washington
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ48578
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated ETL Developer to support our VA customer. This position is located in Washington, DC and is eligible for telework with manager's discretion.
- Design and develop Data Warehouse ETL processes and associated reporting
- Use the SSIS platform to extract transform and load data. Develop test integrate and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary. Write and maintain unit test cases.
- Ensure data reports meet data accuracy, query performance, usability and functionality requirements
- Participate in Extract Transform and Load Technical reviews
- Data profiling and source-to-target mapping (including complex business rules) of healthcare application
- Assist with impact analysis of changing upstream processes to Data Warehouse and Reporting systems.
- Analyze, understand, and document user needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story requests from internal business customers
- Develop requirements, review and test systems for performance
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required in addition to a minimum of five (5) years of ETL development experience. An additional eight (8) years of related experience can substituted for degree requirement.
- Strong experience developing/implementing SSIS/SSRS solutions
- Strong experience in design, development, implementation, and support of ETL process using SSIS
- Experience writing SQL/TSQL statements
- Strong data migration/integration experience
- Strong database development experience
- Expert Data modeling experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Familiarity working with VA health data
- Solid communication skills that demonstrate confidence with technology and business process
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to create diagrams and clearly communicate ideas to a variety of audiences
40 Travel Required:
None T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting AllowedWork Location:
USA DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. \n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.