Location: USA DC Washington
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ48580
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Developer to support healthcare and benefit information technology projects for our customers. Working closely with project manager, the ETL Developer will analyze data storage needs, data usage, and oversee the loading of data into the system. This position is located on-site with the customer in their Washington, DC office.
The successful candidate will work with cross-functional team of users and customers to document and strategize for data management, analysis, and storage. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify data storage needs required to build fact and summary tables based on source data
- Develop data warehouse functionality - build data warehousing system from technical and functional specifications that meets needs and work with a development team to build the warehouse.
- Extract, Transformation and Load data - extract necessary data and transfer it to new system.
- Test and troubleshoot - test designs of new system to ensure smooth operations and fix any issues that arise.
- Identify and capture lessons learned, best practices, and information gained during performance of tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline with 5+ yrs of experience
- Experience extracting and summarizing data from a variety of data source types using Oracle SQL and Informatica (or similar tool set)
- Experience in using Oracle PLSQL
- Must have Informatica and business intelligence experience within the last 18 months
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience performance tuning code for optimal performance
- Must be able to obtain Position of Trust and successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
- IBM Rational toolset experience
- Experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements
- Ability to learn and implement new and different techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
40 Travel Required:
None T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not AllowedWork Location:
USA DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. \n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.