Permanent | Full Time
As a Front End Engineer you have the chance to develop a new product from the early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
Our team is looking for a seasoned web developer to design and build a new consumer-oriented AWS service You will help define, design, prototype, and build the UX experiences. You’ll collaborate closely with product managers and UX designers to help define the scope of a product. As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, hiring engineering teams, and developing best practices.
You will interact with teams across Amazon to accomplish your goals. You will play a leadership role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience. You work well within a team, enjoy working on complex software problems, are customer-centric, and thrive on the challenge of building systems that will operate at world-wide scale.
Our front-end stack is based on modern ES6, GraphQL and React front-end technologies.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
· 1-4 years of relevant work experience in software engineering
· Experience designing new systems for scale and flexibility from the ground up
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Experience in applying open-source technologies.
· Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
· Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Expertise with functional-style ES5+ language support
· Expertise with React front end development
· Familiarity with Webpack, LESS, and other front-end web resource management.
· Familiarity with ES6 typing tech such as Typescript or Flow.JS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Keep Calm and waka waka...