Our client was founded in Toronto in 1996 and they have quickly grown into a successful full service metal recycling corporation.
On their behalf, Avery HR is seeking General Labourers/Production Operators for PERMANENT job opportunities.
Working in a team environment, you will be involved with the shipping, receiving and processing of recycled metal as well as general housekeeping of the yard. You will be required to work outside, in all kinds of weather.
- Sort material according to type and grades, using new modern equipment
- Prepare material for shipment
- Move and stock material with material handling equipment (forklift) - you will be trained on the forklift if not experienced
- Be an extra helping hand with general housekeeping requirements
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Previous experience in an industrial facility is an asset
- Previous forklift experience is an asset
- Good English communication skills
- Posses the desire and ability to learn
A few cool things about us / what we offer:
- Brand-new state of the art facility (150,000 square feet)
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training & learning and opportunities to advance
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Please submit an up-to-date, detailed resume if you wish to be considered.