Chirk, United Kingdom
Building Services Engineering
Permanent | Full Time
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulics Engineer to join our team based in Chirk, North Wales. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a very competitive salary.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897 and no more so than now with £155m being invested in our site in the last 2 years. As a result we are seeking a Hydraulics Engineer who can add real value to the Engineering team.
As our Hydraulics Engineer, you will act as the Site's “Expert” for all Hydraulic and Pneumatic requirements.
Key responsibilities of our Hydraulics Engineer:
- Adhere and promote compliance with company Environment, Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures and suggest areas for improvement.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment within the department and the company.
- Carrying out all forms of maintenance, including planned/preventive and corrective.
- The installation, maintenance and repair of all hydraulic and pneumatic systems are in complete working order in accordance with regulatory, company and technical requirements.
- Participate in the planned maintenance of mechanical/hydraulic department equipment.
- Correcting maintenance and fault finding of hydraulic/pneumatic control systems.
- Use highly developed diagnostic and logical fault-finding techniques/skills during breakdown situations and provides timely response to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Inspecting & surveying hydraulic/pneumatic control systems and installing flexible hose assemblies
- Accumulator repair, inspection, Nitrogen pre-charging of bladder / piston accumulators and dampers and recertification etc.
- Detailed completion of project reports/documentation/certification and ensuring that said documentation is maintained correctly.
- Suggest and look to implement improvement actions with a proactive and creative approach.
- Identify and suggest improvements to the manufacturing process that will challenge the status quo to enhance equipment availability figures.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Hydraulics Engineer:
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship with an additional 5 years industrial, maintenance engineering and/or technical experience.
- Strong practical 'hands on' experience.
- Experience of automatic machinery in a high volume continuous or semi continuous operation would be an advantage.
- Extensive Mechanical/Hydraulic systems experience.
- Good level of knowledge on a wide range of Mechanical /Hydraulic systems.
- Preferably HNC / HND or equivalent in Mechanical/Hydraulic Engineering.
- Hydraulic level 1 certification
- Hydraulic level 2 certification
- Though needs to be working to a similar level of CETOP Level III.
Just some of what we are able to offer our Hydraulics Engineer:
- Competitive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you feel you are the right candidate for a career as our Hydraulics Engineer apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
Keep Calm and waka waka...