Our client, a Canadian, employee-owned consulting civil engineering firm, is seeking an Intermediate Engineer to join their Municipal / Land Development group in the Collingwood office. Our client specializes in water resources, municipal, environmental, structural and transportation engineering, and is a relatively small firm of over 100 employees. The staff is continuously engaged in a diversity of challenging projects for a well-established group of municipal and private clients that rely on our clients’ well-known quality of service, technical knowledge, professionalism and responsiveness.
This position is responsible for the design of municipal infrastructure and land development projects including storm and sanitary sewers, storm water management systems and infrastructure, water mains, grading and roads and parking lots, preparation of the associated tender and construction contract documents and provision of construction inspection and contract administration as required.
• Civil Engineering degree from an accredited institution
• 5-10 years of relevant experience in a municipal consulting engineering environment
• Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Superior municipal design and project management skills
• Experience completing Municipal Class EA Planning process
• Full knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and policies
• Experience with business development is an asset
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work under minimal supervision
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation