Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small team of electrical engineers including appraisals, workloads, training and day to day needs.
- Provide advice and guidance to team as appropriate, encourage and enable individual development
- Represent the electrical design team or PD department in interdepartmental meetings.
- Technically responsible for all electrical components on multiple motorcycle development programmes.
- Design and implement electrical systems and components for new and updated motorcycles, considering function, cost, manufacture, assembly and quality.
- Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings for electrical components.
- Understand, manipulate and interpret 3D CAD models to derive packaging information for electrical components.
- Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
- Produce supporting documentation for electrical systems, as required. For example: Circuit diagrams for service manuals.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Assembly.
- Liaise with outside suppliers.
Looking for an experienced, well rounded individual who can lead a small team of electrical engineers to research, design, develop, test and deliver all electrical components on a motorcycle. The individual will also have the responsibility of managing the Electrical Workshop, electrical testing and instrumentation and annual Electrical Budget
- Past experience in engineering design of electrical components.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Good understanding of motorcycle layout and structure.
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
- Some experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
- Supervisory experience of a small team would be advantageous
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Minimum experience with 2D and 3D software, preferably CREO and Autocad.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.