You will work on expanding Magic Leap’s platform to mobile devices. In this role, you will help build a cross-platform framework that enables large scale shared AR experiences between mobile devices (iOS, Android) and Magic Leap devices. Your work will include implementing high-performance, production quality AR and computer vision algorithms, and designing and building the Magic Leap mobile SDK.
- Lead a team of 2-3 engineers to design, prototype and implement AR algorithms on Android/iOS.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members. Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates to senior management.
- Design and implement cross-compiled Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision and AR algorithms.
- Design and build the Magic Leap SDK for mobile AR.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong experience in building high quality native mobile applications on iOS or Android
- Extensive experience with AR platforms like ARKit or ARCore.
- Experienced in developing and delivering large scale data-driven cross-functional applications
- Proficient in C++.
- Hands on experience with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience as a technical lead of a project.
- Passion for working in an agile environment
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Hands on with computer vision and machine learning
- Full stack development experience
- Proficiency in python.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.