This is an exciting opportunity to lead creating new experiences in applications for mixed reality platform using native C++. This is a hands on coding lead role where you will continue to use your development skills while you drive the technical direction of the project and mentor less senior engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with User Experience team, Interaction team and content creators. These new experiences are tailored to Mixed Reality and exercises many of the exciting Magic Leap platform features to create a magical user experiences never seen before. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. This position is open to Plantation FL and Sunnyvale CA.
- Engineering manager of software engineers building collaboration framework and application.
- Hands on architecture design, coding, and engineering process improvement.
- Mentoring software engineers to improve quality, delivery efficiency, career growth.
- Coordinating with UX, Security, and program management to ensure effective product delivery.
- Coordinating with product team to develop product vision, engineering roadmaps, and resource requirements
- Work with QA and automation to constantly raise quality bar
- Develop great software engineers and technical leaders
- 10-15+ years of experience building applications for mobile devices using 3D and various runtime engines and development paradigms.
- 5+ years experience leading development teams and understanding of agile, negotiation, QA, and progress tracking - including Jira
- Know standard design/development methodologies, patterns, and toolsets.
- strong programming skills implementing immersive AR/VR applications
- Strong knowledge in 3D Math & graphics optimizations - including OpenGL
- Ability to consider framework design at the same time as framework user developer experience at the same time.
- Understand UX design process and experience working with a UX design team
- Experience with product coding process, including code management, testing, review - including gerritt
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong preference of having shipped AR/VR applications on an embedded product.
- Experience in input frameworks and 6DOF controllers
- Experience in custom game engines, unity and unreal
- Experience implementing multimedia applications (Media Players, 360 Video) on Mobile Operating Systems
- Experience with C+11 or newer
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.