Express Employment Professionals is recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator for our local client who specializes in metal fabrication and plant installation. Please find the job description below:
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time.
Shift: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary: $70,000 - $85,000/year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare estimates and proposals for varying project requirements – IE: Budget, Fixed Cost, T&M.
- Review project contract requirements.
- Review Drawings, 3D Models and other project data for material take-offs, estimating, and work instruction.
- Plan, execute, and supervise projects.
- Ensure quality and safety rules and regulations are followed by all employees.
- Communicate with clients regarding requirements, deliverables, and dates.
- Prepare project schedules, status reports, change orders, etc.
- Lead production and installation teams throughout project execution.
- Coordinate production and installation with all internal/external departments.
- Report project status, lessons learned and future opportunities to project and ownership team.
- Train junior estimators and/or production staff as required to maintain operational proficiency.
- Business development activities.
- 5-10 Years’ Experience in an estimating/project management roll.
- Journeyman or Red Seal Plumbing Certification.
- Functional knowledge of operations including but not limited to process piping systems, steam, water, air, gas, and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of Safety & Quality Codes relevant to pipe fabrication (B31.3, etc.) in Western Canada.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, E-Drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, structural and architectural drawings.
- Detail Oriented with strong organizational skills for maintaining and upkeeping documentation.
- Pipe Fabrication and Installation Estimating Skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work tasks and responsibilities.
If this position sounds like it would be a match for you and your career, and you have all the necessary skills and qualifications, please send your resume to:
We thank everyone who applies but only successful candidates will be contacted.