AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Mid-Level Landscape Architect/Designer for immediate employment in the New York City Landscape Architecture Urban Design Studio. The studio is based in AECOM's Industry City location in Brooklyn.
AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The Landscape Architecture and Urban Design portfolio in the New York City studio includes a broad range of urban-based, multidisciplinary public realm projects, such as plazas, streetscapes, parks, waterfronts, infrastructure, urban design plans, master-planning, green infrastructure, and ecological restoration.
In collaboration with design studio leadership, the candidate will work closely with project design teams and project landscape architects, managers and designers to design and assist in the execution of projects within the New York City metropolitan area, nationally and internationally. Projects in the studio are design-driven and involve close collaboration with engineers, planners, cost estimators, and other technical consultants.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform design work of landscape architecture studio
- Prepare construction documents and specifications, cost estimates, and hand and computer drawings
- Perform construction administration for current and future projects
- Project management and coordination
- Participate at client and agency meetings
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture plus 4+ years of professional experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Demonstrated production and digital rendering experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino
- Experience preparing construction documents
- Possesses the skills to generate exceptional two dimensional and three dimensional design graphics
What We Offer
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design, with an ability to develop the work through the technical design phase
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Possesses the ability to collaborate as part of a diverse studio team
- Construction administration experience
- Experience in Microstation, Grasshopper, Revit, ArcGIS, and other computer applications
- Strong knowledge/interest in plant materials
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.