Central 1 is well advanced in preparing for Payments Canada's modernization initiative, which aims to provide consumers, businesses, and financial institutions with a modern, fast, and convenient payment system.
We are the credit union system's financial institution connection point to Payments Canada and responsible for delivering payments safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. This all means we are well-positioned to anticipate the changes that are afoot and to advise the credit union system on the steps it must take now to prepare. Central 1 is dedicated to providing technologies and partnerships that meet or exceed Payments Canada and Interac requirements and allow our members and clients to innovate safely and efficiently.
As the Performance Test Engineer Lead, you will act as a validation and performance test expert and review existing systems' functionality. You will conduct requirement analysis, define test strategy & design, and lead execution to guarantee superior outcomes for Payments Modernization. You will also be required to design an optimal test environment to simulate real-time scenarios.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for owning the end-to-end process in performance testing and monitoring
- Work with product teams to build baselines/benchmarks and KPIs for all aspects of non-functional testing
- Create performance test strategy documents for APIs, Web UI, and native applications on Payments Modernization infrastructure
- Own and facilitate implementation and execution of various forms of non-functional testing (spike, scalability, failover, volume, load, endurance, stress) to ensure system reliability
- Analyze test results and work with development teams to provide feedback on performance testing, leading to improve performance engineering
- Generate standardized performance test results for the usage of all stakeholders
- Implement and contribute to the continuous improvement of Central 1's performance test framework and process.
- Responsible for defining requirements for performance test environment(s) and their maintenance
- Lead a team of performance test engineers
- Ability to demonstrate leadership characteristics including the development of talent and high performing teams through mentoring, feedback, and providing professional growth opportunities
- Leadership presence and ability to build credibility at all levels
- Collaboration skills with a proven track record of building trust
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members if and when required
What you'll have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited institution is required
- 5+ years of experience in building, maintaining, and owning performance test frameworks/strategies/roadmaps (Preferably in banking/payments processing) for monolithic and/or microservice applications
- Proficient working knowledge of FE, BE, and databases
- Understanding of performance test environment architecture and technologies
- Extensive knowledge of performance bottlenecks and measurements such as response time, throughput, CPU Utilization, latency, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with microservices and containers
- 5+ years of experience in performance testing tools such as HP LoadRunner, and/or JMeter, and/or WebLoad, and/or LoadUI, and/or NeoLoad, and/or Gatling
- 5+ years of experience in monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, and/or AppDynamics and/or Microfocus
- Extensive experience in analyzing performance test results and in providing recommendations based on performance metrics
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance with solid understanding of SDLC
Nice to have
- Experience with Continuous Integration and CI/CD tools
- Experience with Agile/DevOps Performance Engineering Methodology
- Solid experience with Confluence, Jira, and Test Management tools such as TestRail
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Director, QA/QE
Date Posted: November 3, 2020
Internal Applicant due date: November 16, 2020
External Applicant due date: December 3, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC or Toronto/Mississauga, Ontario