AECOM has a new job vacancy for a Principal Civil Engineer. You will be part of an established, experienced and growing team, based in our multidisciplinary London headquarters. You will be responsible for and undertake the design of drainage, highways and connecting infrastructure for our building developments. We manage everything up to our property boundaries.
As a Chartered Civil Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of significant development infrastructure projects (across all stages of development), for a range of clients. You will have a hand in growing the business whilst you contribute to, and be part of, a proactive learning environment within a wider national community of infrastructure engineers.
We need someone with a background in highways or drainage with the flexibility to work on both. You will be responsible for the mentoring and support of our more junior engineers whilst you manage your own projects and contribute to larger schemes.
AECOM B&P is built to modernise, expand and deliver the most iconic and complex structures in the world. We offer a one stop shop to complete some of the country's most challenging building projects by leveraging our world-class talent, scale and unique service offering.
Our industry leading and award-winning Civil and Structural division consists of over 500 people nationwide. Our Engineers work on projects within residential, commercial, aviation, defence, healthcare, education, pharmaceutical, sports, and leisure. We are market leaders on large international projects as well as small scale local experts who seek to improve communities through strong design and effective project management and Engineering solutions.
- Undertake civil infrastructure design and design management.
- Depending on project scale and with appropriate supervision either manage or contribute to management of the technical, financial and management requirements of development related infrastructure projects (including planning, control and monitoring from feasibility through to detailed design phase and construction support).
- Play an active part in the project assurance process, including taking part in technical reviews.
- Provide a client focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeat business.
- Build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation.
- Mentor junior staff and take a proactive interest in personal and team development.
- Manage a small team.
- Support work-winning initiatives, including the preparation and management of project budgets & programmes.
- Contribute to developing the company's business including technical skills development.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification
- To be considered for this role you must be a Chartered Civil Engineer with experience of project leadership
- Work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
Your benefits will include:
- The ability to produce the design of highways, access roads and infrastructure of development projects including the design of road geometry, public realm, earthworks, pavements, drainage and underground services.
- To understand and have experience of the MCHW, DMRB, MfS and local authority design guidance.
- A detailed knowledge of road design using 3D computer modelling packages, such as Civil 3D.
- A detailed knowledge of drainage design including piped systems, SuDS based systems and familiarity with storage design and computer programs such as MicroDrainage.
- Be able to co-ordinate with statutory utilities to secure capacity for new development and any associated improvements to the existing networks.
- Be able to identify, design and procure Statutory Utilities diversions and be familiar with NRSWA procedures.
- Good working knowledge of construction contracts (E.g. NEC or similar).
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.