With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our High Care Ready to Eat Seafood team at our JBS Ontario facility in Belleville, ON.
The Production Supervisor – Seafood directly supervises up to 15 – 20 unionized hourly team members in achieving manufacturing objectives pertaining to product specifications, yield, quality, efficiency, and safety of all team members in our Ready to Eat & High Care Manufacturing Department. Reviewing daily production schedules, managing employee issues and ensuring compliance with all standards (production, food safety and employee relations/union relations) are key parts of the job.
NOTE: This position will be located in Belleville, ON
- Ensure compliance to Workplace Safety & Health legislation. Ensure workers understand safety requirements and manage effectively to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. As necessary, conduct accident investigations to determine root causes and corrective action required.
- Enforce HACCP & GMP procedures, exemplifying a very high level of Food safety understanding and control, and display an ongoing commitment to food safety
- Supervise and train hourly staff in production equipment operations, routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ensure daily achievement of objectives in terms of product yield and quality, production efficiency targets, and customer service requirements (product appearance, product specifications and volume targets)
- Provide recommendations to Production management on possible improvements concerning operating practices, continuous process improvement opportunities and ways to improve communications on production requirements
- Ensure equipment is operated safely and within product specifications.
- Notify the maintenance team of additional maintenance requirements.
- Provide ongoing direction to Production Operators/Senior Production Operators to ensure operations are conducted in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Track and monitor hourly staff attendance and performance – inform HR and Finance of attendance or other issues
- Reinforce understanding and compliance with Company Policies, all relevant provincial legislation requirements, and the terms of the Collective Agreement
- Administer discipline in line with Company’s requirements and the Company’s discipline policy and the Collective Agreement, including delivering disciplinary messages and conducting disciplinary interviews as needed
- Present a professional and respectful attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts and will work towards facilitating a team atmosphere within the Service Centre.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven experience of managing and supervising employees in Ready To Eat (RTE) High Care manufacturing.
- Demonstrable higher level of skill and understanding in Food Safety and GMP pertaining to Ready to Eat High Care Food manufacturing.
- Smoked and Cured food preparation understanding.
- Microbiological and Pathogen understanding and controls
- Community college and 6 – 8 years of related manufacturing experience, preferably in fresh protein production environments. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may also be acceptable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to lead a team safely, achieve production objectives and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Familiarization with food safety and productivity requirements of the meat/food processing industry.
- Management/supervisory experience, including experience working in unionized environments within the context of Collective Agreements
- Familiarization with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, including WHMIS, Labour Relations, Human Rights, workplace safety, and WCB.
Work Site Environment:
- A cold working environment on a daily basis, for parts of each day. Normal office environment is also a factor for parts of each day.
- Exposure to job situations where there is a possibility of injury - on a daily basis for parts of each day
- Work involves minor physical strain/walking/standing for parts of the day on a daily basis
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Career Growth and Continued Training
240 Jamieson Bone Rd.
Apply to: www.jbsfoodcanada.ca/careers