A large, nuclear consultancy company is recruiting for a Project Manager, supporting their key nuclear clients on a long-term framework. You will join a large client lead team in Suffolk, the other teams are currently based on different UK locations including Cheshire, Gloucester and various plants in the UK. Ideally looking for a candidate with at least five years of experience in project engineering and management in a highly regulated environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
- Project teams - containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project.
- Risk identification and assessments; implementation of effective risk strategies.
- Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D).
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
- Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21).
- Minimum of strong five years of experience in the industry.
- Minimum of APMQ (Level D) (formal project management qualification) or higher.
- Degree in Engineer, technical discipline or related subject.
- Chartered status is preferred.
- Experience working in power stations is highly preferred.
- Experience within PWR Refuelling, PWR Nuclear Steam Supply Systems, Turbines or Hvac and Fire systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Safety Case Management.
- Must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations.
- Proven understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle.
- Demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Proven Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.