Job title: Project Manager
Salary: £ negotiable depending on experience
Industry: Nuclear New Build
Our client a leading engineering contractor has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to be a key part of the project deliver team on a multimillion pound contract for the HPC Nuclear new build.
- in the Bristol city centre offices, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful Management and Coordination of the Task Orders, which constitute the contract, from initiation, through engineering, procurement, construction and into handover.
This specific role looks to constructively challenge, any historic ways of working for the better, in contributing to make a significant difference to the HPC contract, in the future.
- Accountable for the delivery of the project to scope, schedule, cost and quality;
- Delivering the project safely, ensuring that all EHS&Q (including CDM) requirements are met in all phases;
- Delivering the work as discussed with the Projects Dir. Concerning engineering, fabrication and installation activities and the distribution thereof;
- Produce and implement the project execution plan concerning the distribution of work in line with the strategy for HPC;
- Ensuring the project scope is accurately defined, estimated and changes to scope controlled throughout the project;
- Ensuring the project is properly commercially managed – profit margin, cash flow/invoicing, customer approvals;
- Managing the performance of key suppliers and subcontractors ensuring appropriate commercial arrangements are applied;
- Ownership of the baseline schedule and control estimate, ensuring the project integrity is maintained with any agreed changes;
- Ownership of project progress reporting including the % complete, reported actuals, forecast AFC, Earned Value and agreed changes;.
- Build effective project teams and manage resources ensuring that adequate levels are maintained to ensure the schedule is met and high workforce productivity is maintained throughout;
- Ensuring adequate project controls are employed for risk management and change control, minutes of meetings etc;
- Ensuring company and project quality systems are effectively applied throughout the project, and raising concerns where omission or error is seen;
- Act as the main interface with the all stakeholders and internal / external Customer ensuring high levels of satisfaction are maintained;
- Liaise with and maintain regular contact with the project stakeholders and represent the company in HPC meetings;
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Project Manager;
- Undertake development required to complete SQEP;
- Be prepared to act in succession as directed.
- Relevant project qualifications / Degree or HND / Equivalent work experience in relevant sectors.
- 5 years’ or more experience in project management.
- Actively working toward Chartered status in chosen field.
- Actively working toward formal PM qualifications.
- Effective leadership & influencing skills.
- Experience of delivering complex projects.
- 10+ years experience of delivering engineering projects in a process related industry.
- Direct management of a full multidiscipline project team.
- Managing third party vendors and subcontractors.
- Managing Customer interface and relationship.
- Commercial awareness and contract management.
- Awareness of relevant regulations/standards e.g. CDM, DSEAR/ATEX, ASME.
- Good understanding of the Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Excellent knowledge of managing all main project phases i.e. front end, detailed design, fabrication and installation phases.
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
- German and / or French language is advantageous.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business