To be considered for this position, applicants must apply directly to the UCOR jobs page. Applicants who apply on the AECOM jobs page will not be considered for this position.
To access the UCOR jobs page directly, use the following link:
Summary: Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within UCOR to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Prepares bidders' lists
- Prequalifies bidders
- Forms bid packages
- Issues bid requests
- Coordinates bidders' questions
- Receives bids Prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter
- Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
- Prepares and commits order
- Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents t subcontracting issues and potential problem areas.
- Establishes files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
- Monitors supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
- Monitors activities by Engineering and other in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order terms.
- Initiates follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
- Informs or works with other project Procurement personnel as assigned to the administration of the order.
- Analyzes and distributes those suppliers' reports specified in the order/contract.
- Communicates with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers to meet project needs.
- Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions for the procurement of materials and equipment and to achieve the understanding needed to process these requisitions.
- Works under general supervision
- Evaluates bids commercially.
- Reviews and comments on special payment billings.
- Participates with Engineering and supplier representatives in discussions held to clarify purchase order documents and/or specification requirements. Identifies, defines, and secures agreement regarding potential changes.
- Initiates and processes revisions that establish scope and effects on cost and schedule of agreed upon changes
- Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of purchase orders.
- Skill in communicating effectively with suppliers. Understanding of applicable commercial legislation governing the buying and selling of goods and services.
- Ability to work with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Supplier Quality, Expediting, Traffic & Logistics and other services.
- Support the LEAN Program by identifying and working to eliminate waste from work processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field plus a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Knowledge of business administration procedures, techniques, and business ethics.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Basic understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Basic understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
N/AWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.