Aerospace / Aviation Engineering
Permanent | Full Time
Amazon's Last Mile Technology team is looking for an experienced QA engineer to work closely with product and engineering teams to develop test plans and author automation that ensures the best customer experience. Since Day 1, Amazon has focused on providing new and different technologies to solve challenges and support super fast delivery in the last mile delivery space. Last Mile Technology ensures the most customer-centric experience possible. from the time a customer places an order with Amazon to the time the package reaches its customer. As an Amazonian, it is our culture to be a leader and drive innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, an important part of Amazon’s global transportation and logistics network is Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex connects Amazon customers to the products and services they love by enabling individuals to be their own boss while earning money delivering Amazon.com, Prime Now, AmazonFresh and Amazon Restaurants orders. Delivery partners use their own vehicles and set their own schedule via the Amazon Flex app (available on Android and iOS devices), freeing up time to pursue their goals and dreams, such as finishing school, building a business or spending time with their family. Amazon Flex allows Amazon to ramp up quickly to meet customer demand for businesses like Prime Now where we see interesting peaks in volume.
Software QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and user-level test automation tools. As a QA Engineer on our team, you will work side by side with Software Development Engineers and Product Managers to develop features and evaluate technical implementation. You will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models to develop your test plans and test suites that exercise real-world scenarios.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· 10+ years of experience in software development and testing in Java, C++ or C#
· Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
· Experience driving end-to-end software quality
· Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
· Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
· Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
· Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
· Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
· Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
· Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards
· Experience testing Android and/or iOS applications
· Experience Testing Web Application Platforms
· Ability to understand technical specifications, designs and code.
· Experience working with internationalized products, and internationalization frameworks.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Keep Calm and waka waka...