As a Quantity Surveyor you will provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for large, high profile and exciting key commercial, corporate and residential clients.
- Work on projects of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors and appropriate problem solving.
- Implements cost controls and financial control procedures as outlined in the construction contracts.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accessible in company repository. This includes the contract and all pertinent sign off documentation and work papers.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the clients approval process.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Measures and assesses client's variations to the construction works and contractor's claims for changes.
- Evaluates contractor's monthly interim payment applications.
- Identifies areas of concern and assesses their potential impact upon the project budget.
- Measurement of site works from drawings and on site including AutoCad measurement techniques.
- Assists in the review of time extensions, delays and penalties.
- Prepares progress valuations in respect of interim monthly and final payments to contractors.
- Assesses, measures, advises on and recommends the cost impact of design changes.
- Prepares Change/Variation Orders and reports upon cost impacts of such orders on the construction budget.
- Assists in the reviews, assessments and reports upon contractor's claims.
- Prepares project cost and cash flow reports.
Specific Skills Required:
- Specific Language requirements - English
- Good working knowledge of FIDIC contracts or similar
- Requirements for driving licenses - Yes
- Mandatory Professional Certifications
- 10 years of experience in the Commercial Market with experience and training within a PQS business.
- International working experience – GCC
What We Offer
- Ideally Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.