We are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience of working in one, or more, sectors of property and industry to be based in Glasgow City Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with a global business and learn daily from senior and managing quantity surveyors whilst working with multi-national blue-chip clients.
You will be dealing with all aspects of pre and post contract surveying and cost management, including managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior managers. You will hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record in supporting the generation of repeat business.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to not only deliver a high quality professional service but also support the office with business development and marketing activities to help grow the team in Glasgow and be able to demonstrate:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (or in process of achieving within six months)
- Conversant in all aspects of Quantity Surveying with extensive experience of working in one, or more, sectors of property and industry.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of JCT and/or NEC3 suite of contracts.
- Track record at delivering projects to time and budget.
- Demonstrate a highly motivated, proactive approach to clients.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to provide innovative solutions.
- Have a conscientious and attentive attitude to work at all times.
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Flexibility on being office or site based.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required.
- IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Quantity Surveying related software packages (CostX etc.).
- Experience in industry is desirable but not essential.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.