We are a strata corporation in Coquitlam seeking a Resident Building Manager/Caretaker for two residential buildings with 130 units.
Salary is to be discussed, and a one bedroom apartment with discounted rent will be provided.
The building manager will report to the property manager and will be responsible for maintaining the building interior and exterior grounds, and providing a clean and safe environment for the residents of the property.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- General, regular cleaning of the property common areas, including the parkade
- Maintaining the physical appearance of the building and grounds
- Supervising contractors
- Overseeing and coordinating move-ins/move-outs together with the property manager
- Managing the enterphone system and registering new residents in the system together with the enterphone company
- Investigating and resolving/attending to emergencies, including after hours when required
- Providing regular reports to the strata council
- Previous experience in property management or other related field
- Ability to build rapport with tenants
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to perform light maintenance and repairs
- Computer literate with an ability to work with Microsoft Office and enterphone and camera software programs
- Good spoken and written English language communication skills
- Mandarin communication skills an asset
- Certification from the Resident Managers' Training Institute or other basic security training certificate an asset
Interested candidates should apply by September 7, 2020 at 8:00am. Any applications received after this deadline will no be taken into consideration. An interview will the selected candidates will be conducted at a later date.