Sales / Business Development
Permanent | Full Time
The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and directing a sales force to meet and exceed sales performance targets as measured by revenue, profitability and budget compliance. Manages all aspects of the sales activities and executes long and short-term sales strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a sales force of Key Account Managers and Sales Consultants; defines expectations, monitors progress, and counsels if expectations are not met
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve company goals and initiatives
• Direct sales development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
• Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI). KPI’s include measurements such as on-premise and off-premise listings, volume of new accounts, closure rate, listings per account, in store displays/promotions, on-premise features and events.
• Monitors, anticipates and quickly reacts to changing markets, trends and weak KPI performance
• Conduct new hire interviews, sales meetings, product presentations, train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success of overall sales team
• Maximizes sales of all products and services to existing customers in local and regional accounts
• Collaborate with key accounts to improve distribution of products
• Align with our Brand Manager(s) and supplier representatives to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market share through team's effective selling approach
• Meet with key accounts, assisting with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
• Analyze and control expenditures to meet budgetary requirements
• Conduct weekly, monthly meetings and quarterly reviews with sales force
• Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
• Monthly written summary of significant events, projects, KPI performance, placements etc. including sales activity by channel, Key Account personnel changes, and competitive activity
• Monthly pricing responsibilities in collaboration with the respective product Brand Manager(s)
• Perform other job related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bilingual English and French
• Proven Track Record of Success
• Experience working with Key Performance Indicators
• Effective managerial and presentation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be customer centric and have effective negotiation and business development skills.
• Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
• Knowledge of products and their key features and attributes; ability to execute product line strategies
• Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
• Advanced knowledge in Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and V Lookup
• Experience using project management skills to plan, organize, manage, and accomplish goals
• Excellent organization and time management skills to meet goals/objectives
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality output
• Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses
• Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category
• Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout the sales force
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
The role of Sales Manager will be responsible for managing 16-20 sales force members across multiple provinces. Primary responsibilities will be in directing, managing, training and developing Key Account Managers / Sales Consultants, and achieving annual growth targets.Christopher Stewart Wine & Spirits Inc. is a Canadian based International Importer of wine and spirits. We represent and market unique and industry leading global brands which we bring to our customers through extensive research and an endless pursuit of quality. In addition the company is leading the way in the alcohol beverage industry to bring innovative software solutions to consumers and businesses alike.
Keep Calm and waka waka...