£ 15,972 - £ 16,253 per year
Guildford, South East, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Are you looking for career progression whilst supporting SEN students?
Have you thought about being a trainee teacher?
Are you available to work full time with an immediate start?
Look no further - you have found your role!
I am recruiting for a trainee teacher to join an independent SEN school in the Guildford area. You will be obtaining a CABAS teaching qualification whilst working. The students have a wide range of ability and are 6-25 of age. This school focuses on ensuring students who have difficulty accessing Education, have a social and exciting school experience. You will join an engaging and helpful team who will support you in completing your free 1 year teaching qualification.
• On site parking
• Top of the range technology and modern resources
• Extensive grounds
• Team days and events
• Brilliant career progression opportunities
• A unique teaching approach
• Weekly specialised training
• Support within your career progression
Benefits for working with Randstad:
* Dedicated consultants 24/7 (We are on call) with experience working education
* Free career advice
* Continuous support and guidance through out your whole journey to reach your work goal
* Opportunity to choose your work pattern
* Salary negotiation support
* Market advice
* Matching you with the job opportunity that you are looking for
* Exclusive jobs
* Advice and feedback on your current CV
Your responsibilities will include:
* Encourage students to become independent
* Comfortable with, and confident to, work directly with students
* To provide teaching assistance to the teacher defined according to weekly/daily/sessional planning of the teacher
* To provide group and/or individual activities, planned by the teacher
* To work individually with students to develop their progression
* To support the general well being of learners within the structure of the school
* To monitor and evaluate learners' learning under the guidance of the teacher
* To assist teachers in the use of relevant management strategies to ensure a purposeful environment for teaching and learning to take place
* To support all learners in their planned structured work in all curriculum areas
The ideal candidate may posses the following skills and capabilities:
• Own means of transport is essential
• Be able to work with learners that have various learning difficulties
• Have an understanding of the students with special needs
• Willingness to learn and build relationships with learners
• Be confident to support the lead in groups, in different educational subjects
• The ability to work as an individual and as a part of the team
• Be flexible in your approach to education
• Have experience working in SEND settings is desirable but not essential
Are these skills that you feel you have? Then apply today as interviews are currently being held.
For more information about this role please contact Stine (pronounce Steena)
Further more, we have an array of positions in Sussex, Surrey, Brighton/Hove and Essex which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
skills building relationships
Keep Calm and waka waka...