£ 40,000 - £ 55,000 per year
Guildford, South East, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
A Senior Civil Design Engineer is sought to join the Guildford office of this well established, leading firm of consulting civil and structural engineers. They have over 100 employees, offering a nationwide service to the construction industry from several offices across the UK.
You must be able to demonstrate a suitable level of experience in below ground drainage and road / pavement design. As a senior engineer, you will be capable of working with minimal supervision but also able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will be expected to be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports. You will be a good communicator and able to liaise effectively with clients and other design team members.
Senior Engineers are also expected to assist in the preparation of bids and proposals for new schemes together with the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects.
* A proven track record in highways and drainage works. Able to work autonomously and demonstrate a high level of proficiency and expertise in these core areas.
* Ability to use computer modelling packages such as PDS, Microdrainage and AutoCAD. Civils 3D advantageous.
* Experienced in the production of specifications and technical reports such as flood risk assessments and drainage strategies.
* Experienced in the use of design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets.
* Experienced in adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 agreements.
* Good communication skills.
* Ideally have Experience of leading and managing small teams
* Chartered status with a relevant professional body
* Able to assist during construction stage, including site inspection and monitoring
* Experience in working in new development projects
* Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS Software, PDS Microdrainage
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a reputable firm who offer the opportunity to work on exciting projects. The company offer a flexible salary commensurate with experience as well as a good benefits package.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
educational requirements BEng civil engineering
Keep Calm and waka waka...