Savannah River Remediation, a LLC of AECOM is seeking a Senior Construction Subcontracts Technical Representative (STR) to be based in our Aiken, SC location on the Savannah River Site.
The Senior Construction Subcontracts Technical Representative is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the progress of assigned construction subcontracts and Unit Price Subcontracts (UPC). Conducts daily field surveillance of the subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract, safety, quality, environmental and technical requirements for execution of assigned subcontracts from conception to closeout.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the progress of assigned construction subcontracts and Unit Price Subcontracts (UPC). Conducts daily field surveillance of the subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract, safety, quality, environmental and technical requirements for execution of assigned subcontracts from conception to closeout.
- Provides day-to-day administration and oversight of large construction subcontracts.
- Prepares subcontract documents, resolves issues and claims, and provides overall management of subcontracts. Position requires a thorough understanding of construction and subcontracting principles and ability to apply these principles to field conditions.
- Participates in the implementation of assigned subcontracts and the subcontractor's compliance with organization's safety, technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Participates and/or provides oversight for the development of solicitation packages including design reviews, schedules and estimates; prepares safety documents and field conditions.
- Monitors subcontractor safety, resolves technical issues, and verifies work performed meets requirements, processes changes and verifies invoices.
- Duties require daily interface with procurement, design, project management, subcontractors and others as required to ensure safe and effective performance of the subcontractor's scope of work (SOW).
- Ensures that all STR required training and qualifications are maintained.
- Provides reporting to management on subcontract issues and performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related technical discipline and 5+ years of relevant work experience in contracts/subcontract, construction, engineering, or related; OR
- Associates degree and 7+ years of relevant work experience in contracts/subcontract, construction, engineering, or related; OR
- High school diploma/GED and 9+ years of relevant work experience in contracts/subcontract, construction, engineering, or related.
- Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must be a US Citizen
STR Qualification required within three months of hirePreferred Qualifications
What We Offer
- Civil construction project experience.
- In depth knowledge of construction costs, scheduling, subcontract administration and the ability to develop or evaluate construction techniques.
- In depth knowledge of construction, subcontract formation and management with at least 4 years of practical experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Energy (DOE) federal contracting requirements (FAR, DEAR, etc.).
- Working knowledge of construction safety requirements (OSHA 1926, 10 CFR 851).
- Previous experience with generating work execution plans.
- Previous experience with generating job hazards analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Moderate computer skills with Microsoft Suite, P6 Scheduling, Adobe Suites, MicroStation 8
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.